Log in

25 July 2014 @ 08:17 pm
Sparky, Sparky, Sparky  
A little work this afternoon and evening has Sparky almost done. I added the pea gravel to the bottom of the smoking chamber, filled in various gaps and crevices with rock wool batting, and adjusted the fit of the chimney, etc. It all looks very good.

I decided to go with steel plate for lidding the firebox and smoking chamber. Those pieces are being fabricated. Once I have them in hand, I will paint them and THEN I'll do a several hour test run -- with fire! -- to season the internals and get a feel for how she takes the heat and smoke.

And then ... fleshmeats! (Probably after August 15.)